A healthier version of traditional bread stuffing. It’s clean and it’s delicious. I did not place it in the turkey. It would make a great healthy option for your dinner even if you do make traditional stuffing as well. This was very easy and does not take much time.
Clean Eating Brown Rice Stuffing
Yield: 16 servings
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 medium celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium green apple, with peel, chopped
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups brown rice, rinsed
- 2 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp sage, fresh, chopped
- 3 tbsp thyme, fresh, no stems
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup pine nuts toasted
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic, cook until fragrant (2 min.).
- Add celery, apple and cook until tender.
- Add broth, brown rice, salt, cumin, pepper, sage and thyme.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cook covered for 30-40 minutes, or until most of liquid is absorbed.
- Toast pine nuts.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cranberries and pine nuts.
- Place in oven at 325 for about 15 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and serve.