Clean Eating Carnitas
- 1 onion
- 5-8 cloves of garlic
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin (organic is best) cut into 3-4 inch chunks
- 2 Pablano peppers
- 2 Anaheim peppers
- 2-3 Jalapeno peppers
- Juice of 1-2 limes
- 1-2 tbsp Cumin
- 1-2 tbsp Mexican chili
- 1-2 tbsp garlic powder
- Himalayan Salt + Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Layer all ingredients in order as stated above, into a dutch oven (I used cast iron).
- Cover and cook for 3-4 hours.
- Remove and in phases, place ingredients with some liquid into a skillet (I used cast iron).
- Cooking until browned and adding more liquid form the stock to the skillet as you scrape up the browned bits. As each phase is complete, browning all ingredients, transfer to an oven save bowl and keep warm at (170 degrees) until served.
- I serve this with warm corn tortillas, lettuce wraps, black beans, brown rice, roasted sweet peppers, avocado, NFGY (instead of sour cream), hot pepper sauce, shredded cabbage, and salsa. Cheese would be an option too. (Use cheeses as a spice)